We know many people out there are huge fans of HTML 5, so we've released an option for Customers to choose which version of the Desktop Flipbook is served to their audience. We now have Flash, PDF Viewer, or HTML 5 version as your options!
HTML5 Flipbook for Desktop Option Details
This option can be set for any Folder and will apply to all Flipbooks that live under the Folder.
How to turn on this feature:
- Edit the Folder and access the Options screen
- Change the dropdown menu to 'HTML5'.
- Save the Changes and all Flipbook/Folder URLs will load up the HTML5 version instead of Flash!
Feature Availability on HTML5 Flipbook
Some features currently available for Flash Desktop Flipbook are not available yet for HTML5. Some of these features will be added to the new version over time, but some may also lose support. This page will note the decisions we make over time regarding those features.
Below is a list of features and options that are NOT yet available for HTML5 Flipbook for Desktop:
- crop print/save tool
- download select pages
- allow printing (with page selection)
- page turning sound effect
- page flipping speed
- page flip effect (currently only slide effect is available for HTML Flipbook)
- default zoom level
- option to hide the help button
- different language choices (all messaging in HTML Flipbook will be in English)
- left side custom embed widget
Page Editor Features
- Side Tabs
Flipbook Subscription and Remote Authentication Features
- Subscription/Remote Auth: Preview First X Pages
- Subscription passive email harvest 'subscribe' button
- Subscription 'my account' button
- HTML5 currently only supports sharing from the toolbar directly to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Plus and Email
Deprecated features that are only available for legacy Customers. Support not likely to continue for these features on the new version of Flipbook
-Clippings (and Clippings Folder Widget)
-SWF Flash animations from Rich Media Embed Tool
-Because HTML5 Flipbook 4 uses images VS vector objects (IE font), your text may not appear as crisp and clear, especially on zoom, vs the Flash Flipbook experience. We're working on improving text quality for the HTML 5 platform