In order to upload and convert a document to a Flipbook you'll need to have a Folder available to upload your PDF to.
If you don't have a Folder already you will need to create one. The system will take you to the Folder creation screen if you try to upload a file without an existing Folder.
If you would like to create a new Folder (and this option is available on your account), you can do so with the following steps:
Step 1 - Go To Manage Flipbooks
In the top toolbar, select Flipbooks > Manage Flipbooks and then click Create New Folder.
Step 2 - Create New Folder
You will then see a popup window asking you "How would you like to create a new Folder?" You can create your Folder from scratch OR duplicate from an existing Folder.
Either choice will take you to the create Folder screen in Step 3, but if you choose to duplicate from an existing Folder and click "go", all settings will auto populate and match the Folder you chose in that drop down menu. Please note that it may take a few minutes for the process to be complete.
Step 3 - Configure Folder
In this New Folder screen, you can configure how your Folder looks and behaves. At the very least, you need to (1) give your Folder a name, (2) Explore the configuration options in the left menu, and (3) Click Add Folder. Each of the following options is outlined in the screenshot below.
Once you've set up the basics for your Folder, you can always come back later and make any changes using the configuration options in the left menu. Each option is outlined in more detail below:
- Appearance/Branding: Choose your Banner/Background Color, Banner Logo (optional) and Background Image (optional). *Check the "Banner Visual" section to get a preview of your styling settings.
- Options: Choose Flipbook interface language, Content language (beta), Default Domain, Page Offset, Platform versions, Flipbook and/or Mobile Options *check the "Banner Visual" section to get a preview of your toolbar button options.
- Favicons: Choose the square icon that will display as a small image in various places on web browsers in addition to being the 'launch icon' for mobile devices if a user 'saves to home screen' or bookmarks a Flipbook page.
- Search Engine Optimization: Describe your Folder, Choose keywords, Block search engines from indexing your content (if necesssary)
- Welcome Popup: Choose to activate a popup that will appear to users upon desktop reader load. Define the popup with html/js/css, set the size and optional timeout to auto disappear (otherwise user must close this popup).
- Custom Embed: Either use the predefined helper codes for RSS, Twitter and Facebook OR Define your own custom left hand side widget using html/js/css. Specify a width of the widget area too. This widget will display at all times in the desktop reader platform.
- Widgets > Clipping Side Bar: If you have clippings you can choose to display a right hand side widget that users can save their clippings to. You can also allow users to email their clippings to a specific email address (good for order forms!).
- Widgets > Annotation Tools(beta): Activate annotation tools for your end users like page bookmarks and page notes/comments. Your Folder also needs to have remote authentication OR subscription system enabled in order for annotations to be saved to a specific user.
- Automation > FTP Scheduler: Setup automatic PDF uploads at given times to reduce your workload! Just setup some simple FTP settings that correspond with your local FTP host (you must have this setup yourself) and our system will pull your files for conversion automatically.
- Advanced > Parser Defaults: Choose the Default Link Style, Default Cover Thumbnail and Default DPI (image quality) for all of your future uploads (doesn't change previous uploads/conversions).
Step 4 - Security & Subscription Settings (Optional)
If you choose, you can apply Security & Subscription settings to your Folder. These settings will then apply to every Flipbook you then upload into that Folder. This is ideal if you are uploading private Flipbooks or wish to use Remote Authentication to validate user permissions.
These options can be set by opening a Folder to edit after accessing the Flipbooks portion of the platform. In the left menu under Branding options, you'll notice the Security & Subscription section.