A Flipbook Folder controls how your Flipbooks are displayed. Using Folder Options, you can control what the background looks like, the Folder name, Favicon and much more. Here's how.
To get to the edit Folder screen to make changes to your Flipbook (see the screenshot below):
- Click on Flipbooks > Manage Flipbooks in the horizontal menu bar;
- Choose your Folder from the drop down menu; and
- Click Edit OR choose a sub-option from that drop down menu to get to the edit Folder interface.
When you are at the edit Folder screen, you will be able to do the following by clicking on the corresponding categories in the left side menu.
NOTE: some of these items my not be available depending on the Pack Type you are on.
When you are finished making any changes, just click 'Save' OR click 'Cancel' to ignore any proposed changes you made. Once you've saved changes you can always click on the "preview eye" on the bottom right of your screen to see your changes.
You can update the follow the settings at any time:
- Appearance/Branding: Choose your Banner/Background Color, Banner Logo (optional) and Background Image (optional) *check the "Banner Visual" section to get a preview of your styling settings
- Options: Choose Flipbook interface language, Content language (beta), Default Domain, Page Offset, Platform versions, Flipbook and/or Mobile Options *check the "Banner Visual" section to get a preview of your toolbar button options
- Favicons: Choose the square icon that will display as a small image in various places on web browsers in addition to being the 'launch icon' for mobile devices if a user 'saves to home screen' or bookmarks a Flipbook page.
- Search Engine Optimization: Describe your Folder, Choose keywords, Block search engines from indexing your content (if necesssary)
- Welcome Popup: Choose to activate a popup that will appear to users upon desktop reader load. Define the popup with html/js/css, set the size and optional timeout to auto disappear (otherwise user must close this popup)
- Custom Embed: Either use the predefined helper codes for RSS, Twitter and Facebook OR Define your own custom left hand side widget using html/js/css. Specify a width of the widget area too. This widget will display at all times in the desktop reader platform.
- Widgets > Clipping Side Bar: If you have clippings you can choose to display a right hand side widget that users can save their clippings to. You can also allow users to email their clippings to a specific email address (good for order forms!)
- Widgets > Annotation Tools(beta): Activate annotation tools for your end users like page bookmarks and page notes/comments. Your Folder also needs to have remote authentication OR subscription system enabled in order for annotations to be saved to a specific user.
- Automation > FTP Scheduler: Setup automatic PDF uploads at given times to reduce your workload! Just setup some simple FTP settings that correspond with your local FTP host (you must have this setup yourself) and our system will pull your files for conversion automatically.
- Advanced > Parser Defaults: Choose the Default Link Style, Default Cover Thumbnail and Default DPI (image quality) for all of your future uploads (doesn't change previous uploads/conversions)
Edit Folder Interface Screenshot
Bonus: Changing the Folder name!
From the Manage Folder screen, you can also change the name of your Folder.
See the 'Flipbook Folder Title' box in the screenshot above? If you go to your Folder and click that box, you're able to change the Folder name to anything you'd like!
Once you've made the changes necessary, be sure to click the blue 'Save' button at the bottom of the screen.