By creating special URLs that include tags, or UTM parameters, you can tie any link click - for Hubs and Flipbooks, no matter what the source - to a Google Analytics campaign.
For example, Google analytics does not automatically track traffic sources from emails like it does with website traffic, so you need to do a little extra work to track email clicks specifically.
Or, if you are distributing content in many different areas/methods, you can create a special URL for each source to better segment and track the clicks on those various links.
Step 1 - Integrate Google Analytics
First you need to integrate Google Analytics into your Uberflip Account. Click here to learn more about integrating Google Analytics with your Hub and Flipbooks
Step 2 - Google URL Builder
Use Google's URL builder tool to create the modified URLs Google needs to track the effectiveness of your campaigns: https://ga-dev-tools.appspot.com/campaign-url-builder/
Fill out the required fields(see Google URL Builder image below for reference):
- Website URL: Use your desired Hub or Flipbook link in this field. For standalone Flipbook links you can also append a page number ("/0" for cover, "/3" for 4th page etc)
- For example: http://hub.uberflip.com, http://hub.uberflip.com/h/c/15825-the-complete-guide-to-hubs or http://www.epageflip.net/i/#####/0 (where ##### is your FlipbookID).
- Campaign Source: Enter a name for the campaign source.
- Campaign Medium: Enter the the applicable medium or placement location type (for example, 'email').
- Campaign Name: Enter a name for your campaign for your reference in Google Analytics
- Click "Generate URL" button
- Copy and Paste: Copy and paste the specially generated URL in your desired distribution point (email campaign, web page etc).
Google URL Builder image
Once users start clicking on those special links, and the data begins to propagate (this could take up to 24 hours), you can access the link performance through Google Analytics in the Acquisition > Campaigns section (see image below).