What is Google Search Console?
Google Search Console (formerly Webmaster Tools) is a free tool that can help you build, monitor, and manage your Hub's Google search rankings. We highly recommend integrating Google Search Console with your Hub.
According to Google: "You don't have to sign up for Search Console for your site to be included in Google's search results, but doing so can help you understand how Google views your site and optimize its performance in search results."
Once you verify your Hub with Search Console, you'll be able to:
- Optimize your Hub and content so that Google better understands how to correctly index it
- Monitor and understand how you're being found in Google's search rankings
- Understand where back-links to your Hub are coming from
- Submit a site map for your Hub so that it gets indexed faster once you launch
- Request URL removals from Google's search rankings
If you do not currently have a Search Console account, you can sign up for one here.
If you do have an account, you're good to go! Magnificent!
How to Verify your Hub with Google Search Console
You can add your Hub URL to Google Search Console where you can gain some control over how Google indexes and presents your Hubs content in search results.
Note: You can set up your Search Console integration while your Hub has No Robots Meta Tag turned on, however, Google will not be able to identify any crawling errors until the setting is turned off and your Hub is live.
You can verify your Hubs URL in Google's Search Console by doing the following:
- Step 1 - Add Your Hub URL to Your Google Search Console Account as a New Site
- Step 2 - Add your Google HTML Meta Tag to your Hub to Verify your Ownership
- Step 3 - Return to Google Search Console to Verify your Hub
Step 1 - Add Your Hub URL to Your Google Search Console Account as a New Site
To sync Google Search Console with your existing Google account, or to create a new Google account, please click here.
Once you've logged into your Search Console account, you can enter your Hub's URL. This will be the custom domain that you've set up for your Hub. For example, http://subdomain.yourwebsite.com/
Make sure that you correctly identify http or https for your Hub as this can prevent verification.
Step 2 - Add your Google HTML Meta Tag to your Hub to Verify your Ownership
Once you add your Hub's URL to your Google Search Console account, you'll need to verify that you own the Hub so Google can complete the integration.
To do this, you'll use Google's 'Meta tag' verification method and follow these 4 steps:
- In your Search Console account, choose to verify your site using the Alternate > 'Meta Tag' method. See this article from Google for more information on this method.
- Copy the content of the HTML tag which can be found in quotation marks after 'content=' (eg. within the meta tag <meta name="google-site-verification" content="abc123def456"/>, you would copy 'abc123def456')
- In your Hub, navigate to Integrations > Google Search Console > Connect (see screenshot below).
- Paste the content of the tag into the field (ex. 'abc123def456'). As soon as you paste a valid tag, the application will recognize it and add it to your Hub's pages. This will allow for the final step of verifying your Hub in your Google Search Console account.
(1) Access Google Search Console Integration
(2) Paste Verification Meta Tag
Step 3 - Return to Google Search Console to Verify your Hub
- Go back to your Google Search Console Account to click 'Verify', and at that point you should receive a message indicating: "Congratulations, you have successfully verified your ownership of https://yourhub.domain.com!"
- Please note that your Hub will need to have No Robots Meta Tag (in Hub options) turned off in order to see any crawling errors.
NOTE: If the verification fails, you might have to try pasting your meta tag code again and clicking verify on Google Search Console.
Once you've completed the verification process, you'll be able to use many of the Search Console tools to check the health and performance of your Hub.
Have questions, concerns, or comments? Don't hesitate to contact our Support Team at email@example.com or 1 (888) 694-2946.