When you upload a PDF to our Application, all of the elements in the PDF are analyzed and built into each Flipbook's page files displayed on the desktop and mobile platforms.
Because there are so many ways to create a PDF page, sometimes the results seen post upload are not optimal.
You can always delete your Flipbook, re-format the PDF and Upload again OR change the DPI settings and/or Force Vectorization settings and retry your Upload but we thought for all you special Masters we could eliminate some steps for you.
Now Master accounts can access a tool that can allow you to make those DPI / Force Vectorization setting tweaks, and apply those new settings to already Uploaded content, whether that be reprocessing the entire Flipbook OR targeting specific pages for reprocess. Reprocessing does not use additional Uploads from your pool.
Step 1 - Login to your Master Account
The reprocess tool is only accessible by Master account holders.
Step 2 - Access your Flipbooks List and the Reprocess Icon
(1) In the Top-Master Menu bar, click on Flipbooks to access the list of ALL of your Sub-Account's Flipbooks;
(2) You can either browse the list to find your target Flipbook OR use the search box to find the FlipbookID, FlipbookName etc; and
(3) Click on the Reprocess icon included in the quick access Flipbook tools on the right side to bring up the Popup window.
Step 3: Choose What to Reprocess on Your Flipbook
Each option is outlined in more detail below the screenshot.
(1) In the dropdown menu, choose if you want to reprocess ALL pages OR a specific page. The page numbers shown are always the ABSOLUTE page numbers, starting at cover=0 and increasing.
(2) Select the components that you want to reprocess:
- Images: Will reprocess any images generated for your Flipbook, including the page images delivered to Mobile platform, and any thumbnails generated that are shown in the Application or promotional tools
- SWFs: These are the desktop Flipbook platform page files. Use this tool if you have conversion troubles, see elements not displaying properly on the pages of your Flipbook or want to increase the DPI of the images seen on the desktop platform. Change the settings at the Folder level then reprocess
- Links: Choose this option if you want to override any existing links already created in the Flipbook. ONLY check this if you are certain that any links you created in the Page Editor post Upload are not needed anymore
- Text & Bookmarks: This will override any existing extracted Text and or Bookmarks (for reader TOC articles) in the current Flipbook. ONLY check this option if you are certain that any Text edits or Articles created in the Page editor post upload are not needed anymore
- ADVANCED: Replace SWF with an image
You'll see this option appear if you select a specific page to reprocess and this applies only to the desktop Flipbook platform. This option will create a SWF that is a flattened image copy of the PDF page. Use this option if you find that you are still having problems with conversion even after DPI/Force Vectorization have been attempted. In the majority of cases, the image will correctly reflect the PDF page, but any vector objects will not be rendered (vector graphics and fonts might be pixelated on tight zoom)
NOTE: The Bookmarks option will be crossed out in Text & Bookmarks because the entire Flipbook must be selected to affect the internally linked bookmark structure.
Step 4 - Click Send and Reprocess Your Flipbook or Page
Click the Send Button and your Flipbook will be sent to a parser to be reprocessed.
NOTE: When you reprocess an Flipbook or a Page, the Flipbook will not be available while that reprocessing is taking place, so be sure of the timing of your reprocess to least affect the viewing audience.
- Pdf Upload at default parser settings results in some ghost line artifacts on 3 pages, image quality concerns throughout each page, and object display problems on 1 page. (desktop platform only)
- Edit folder>Advanced>Parser Defaults: Increase DPI to 150, Turn on Force Vectorization at 400K and update folder to apply these settings to all future processing.
- Access the reprocess tool, Choose ALL pages and SWFs checkbox (Images are fine, Bookmarks/Articles/Text/Links are fine and you do not want to overwrite) and click Send to reprocess.
- After processing is complete, image quality is greatly improved and acceptable, ghost lines are gone on those 3 pages, but the object display problem is still evident on that 1 page.
- Access the reprocess tool again and choose the specific page with the object display problem (absolute page number), and choose "Replace SWF with an image". Click Send.
- After reprocessed, the page with the object display problems now closely matches the source PDF.