In order to comply with GDPR, you need to notify your Hub visitors of any cookies or tracking scripts that exist on your Hub, clearly explain how their data will be used, and give them the ability to opt-in or out of them at any time.
In this article, you'll learn about Uberflip's:
- Privacy Banner
- Privacy Groups
- Steps you can take to prepare for using these features
- Click Accept to provide consent to all cookies.
- Click X to dismiss the banner and withhold consent.
You can access your Hub's Privacy Banner by selecting Privacy Banner from the Hub Privacy drop-down in your left-hand menu.
Your Privacy Banner includes the following settings:
- Enable Privacy Banner - You have the option of enabling or disabling your Privacy Banner at any time. [Green = enabled] [Grey = disabled]
- First Visit Message - This is the default policy language that will display when a first-time visitor lands on your Hub.
- Policy Update Message - There are going to be times when you need to update your policy or add/edit a privacy group. In these cases, you'll need to notify visitors that have already acted upon your first banner message. To do this, you'll want to update your first message AND provide an update message in this field. When a new message is added to this field, only visitors that have already acted upon your primary banner will see it.
- Accept Button - This is an optional feature for your banner. When a visitor clicks it, they are providing consent for all of your different privacy groups. You can choose to disable this button and instead, only show the Privacy Settings hyperlink. [Green = Enabled] [Grey = Disabled]
- Last Modified - An automatic timestamp to show you the last modified date for your policy.
Privacy Groups allow your visitors to customize their own privacy settings and the types of data you can collect about them. They also allow you to bucket your various tracking scripts (for example, Google Analytics or your Marketing Automation Platform) into easy-to-understand groups that visitors will be able to opt-in or out of.
You can access your Hub's Privacy Groups by selecting "Privacy Groups" from the "Hub Privacy" drop-down in your left-hand menu.
To create a new Privacy Group, click the "Add Group" button at the top of the page.
Once you have the privacy group created, you will need to map it to a tracking script on your Hub. The first way to do this is through the "Functionality" tab. This tab lists all of your native Uberflip integrations that drop some sort of cookie or tracking script on your Hub.
To the right of each Integration, you'll see a drop-down where you can select a privacy group to match it with.
Another way to map a privacy group to a tracking script is through our Custom Code section. Under a custom code block, you have the "Privacy Group" setting where you can choose to map that piece of code to a specific group.
Click here to learn more about Custom Code Blocks.
Important Next Steps to Prepare for GDPR Compliance
- Work with your legal team to develop the text for your privacy banner
- Determine your privacy groups (analytics, marketing automation, etc.)
- Determine if you have added any custom tracking scripts to your Hub using custom code that will need to be included in your privacy groups
Not sure what scripts you currently have on your Hub?
Try a tool like Ghostery!
Ghostery is a simple browser extension you can use to determine what 3rd party tracking scripts exist on a website. You can use it on your Hub to quickly identify any tracking scripts that will need to be included in your Privacy Groups.
Click here to install the Ghostery extension.