Flipbooks are PDFs that you upload into Uberflip, which allow you to access Metrics, and create an awesome interactive user experience.
Creating Flipbook Folders and Uploading your PDFs
Creating Flipbook Folders
In order to bring PDF content into your Hub, those PDFs first need to be hosted/or live elsewhere first. Just like your blog lives in your RSS feed, your tweets live in Twitter and your video content lives in YouTube, your PDFs will live in your Flipbook Folders. Therefore, to upload and convert a PDF to a Flipbook, your first step will be creating a Flipbook Folder.
We recommend creating a "Template Folder" with all of your desired settings. You can then duplicate the settings from this folder when you create additional folders (We recommend organizing your PDFs in separate folders based on type, ie. Whitepapers, eBooks, Guides). This will help you keep the branding of your folders consistent across your Flipbook content.
The settings you will want to set in your Template Folder are:
- Flipbook Options - Decide whether you want your users to be able to print, expand fullscreen, share via email, share via social, download the original PDF, and whether they want the PDF to be displayed in single or double pageview.
2. Appearance - Choose your banner and background color.
3. Favicon - upload a Favicon logo to your folder. This will add a logo to the banner of your Flipbook (when in fullscreen). It will also add a Favicon to the browser tab when viewing the Flipbook at the standalone URL.
For more information on how to create a Flipbook Folder, click here.
Uploading your PDFs
Once the folder is created, you can begin to upload your PDF content. More information on how to upload a PDF can be found here. Make sure to update the Flipbook title when you
upload it (make it user-friendly) and check off "auto-link" to find all existing links with your PDF.
*Note: It's important to name your Flipbook as you create it, as it will become your Flipbook's IRL, and also the download name.
Bringing Flipbooks into your Hub
Now that you've created a Flipbook folder and your PDF content is "living" somewhere, to bring that content into your Hub, you will need to add a Flipbook Stream (For example, the same way you would bring your Twitter feed or Blog into your Hub):
- Visit the "Content" area of your Hub
- Select the "+ New Stream" button
- Select the Flipbook Folder icon
- Select the Folder you would like to connect.
Note: Once the Folder is connected, all additional Flipbooks added to the Folder will automatically be included in the Stream.
Once you add your Flipbook Folder Stream, you will want to edit each Flipbook like a blog article. Make sure that each Flipbook has:
- A user-friendly Title.
- Body of text below the Flipbook (what is the Flipbook about, why should I read it?). This is important, especially if you are "gating" the piece of content. You can find an example here.
- Meta Description (this is important for SEO and it is the title that will display on the Item tile)
- URL Path (if applicable)
- Thumbnail image (The cover of the Flipbook will be used automatically, but you may want to update this. The image size is 500X660 pixels, but the bottom 25% will be covered by the Flipbook title and description)
- Author (if applicable)
For a more extensive lesson on creating interactive and engaging experiences with your Flipbooks, please register for our Flipbook Tools Launch Zone+ Webinar, here.